Thursday, August 10, 2006

Yosemite National Park

What a beautiful place! For those of you who have never been, I highly recommend a trip to Yosemite ! It is breathtaking!

Every summer (or almost every summer) we take a trip to June Lake. This year we decided to go a few days early and visit Yosemite on the way. I guess 'on the way' should be stated very loosely since it really isn't. It was more of a two day detour.

Our first stop in the park were the giant sequoias at Mariposa Grove. Darn those trees are huge! This is a picture of Iain, Sara and Iain T. in front of the roots of one of the fallen trees! Roots, just the roots, how's that for a big tree!?! This was also our first experience with a baby backpack, Sara loved it! Thanks Lori!

Next it was on to Half Dome and El Capitan. They are truly amazing to see. We saw Half Dome on Friday then ventured on to El Capitan on Saturday on our way out of the park. Just the experience of seeing them was humbling. They are absolutely massive! (Half Dome is on the right and El Capitan on the left)
There is so much more to see in Yosemite but we did hit the major points of interest. The boys were just as in awe as we were. It was a fantastic 'detour', one that we would love to do again!

4 comments:

Heather said...

What an awesome view! You were up in the air 11,000 feet with your kids - you are a brave, amazing woman:) It looks spectacular. I hope I can see it some day. What a GREAT detour!

mamakat7 said...

wow, that's all I can say! wow! Looks like a great time:)

momtomaddie&ella said...

That is such a fun trip! The pictures are fantastic. Can I come next year?
Thanks for sharing!

Jennie said...

Wow! Those pictures are amazing! Looks like you guys had fun too :)