The big day is finally here! Iain T. started first grade! This has always been seen as a magical grade for him. He would listen to stories from his Daddy's work and say things like "I can't wait for first grade" or "first grade will be the best". Now that it's here he's ready to go! I've never seen him get up and ready so quickly. He ate breakfast and was dressed an hour before we needed to leave! We arrived at school earlier than usual so he'd have plenty of time to find his classroom and play with friends. Of course the nerves set in a little when it was time to enter the class and find his desk. He looked back at me with a look of the unknown! As hard as it was for me, it is also such a fun moment! He's getting so big! I managed to keep dry eyes, but I can't say the same for Sean. He was crying, saying he was sad that he won't be able to play with Iain until after nap! So cute! I have to admit, I'm doing some pacing around this morning. Not quite sure what to do with myself. After having all three kids home with me all summer, it's a little strange that he's not here! Of course we'll all fall into a routine soon and this new schedule will be the norm. Until then, I'll just stare at the clock until I can pick up my little/big guy! 
(Iain lost his other front tooth last night!)
1 comment:
Wow! He looks so much older in this pic...even if he is missing his two front teeth ;) Glad everything went well on his first day!
Post a Comment