Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Oh' Christmas tree

This past Thursday night was held aside for getting our Christmas tree. I know for some of you this involves trekking through the snow (uphill both ways of course) with an ax or other sharp instrument. For us it only involves driving to the local Home Depot!!

Here's the gang ready to go find "our tree"!
I have a habit of being rather particular when it comes to choosing the perfect one. Even if the first one looks good, I always want to go through the process to see others, just in case an even better one comes along. This year we're having a modified arrangement in the living room since we have a small mischief maker around. We found a way to put it up on a table in the corner so it's out of reach. This leads me to the next part of the story. In order for the tree to fit, we needed to get a 5-6ft tree instead of our usual 7-8 ft one. The one that I liked the best was a bit taller than our limit and way too wide, but we got it anyway. Here it is...


Here's Iain telling me that he was right, the tree is way too big! It's scraping the ceiling!
Here are a few pictures of the kids when we got home. They were so excited to have the tree, they ran upstairs and put on 'santa costumes' to dance around in.

Sean's able to sneak in a brotherly hug!!


I like this one!

That's all for our tree adventure. It is decorated and ready for the mountain of presents that will soon be surrounding it!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

That last picture is priceless...and they're ALL smiling! Don't those trees always seem like they are a totally different size until you get them home?!

Heather said...

How cute!! The kids look soo cute! Happy decorating!