Last night Sara was given a piece of candy by a neighbor. I told her she had to wait until the morning to eat it. After a surprisingly small protest, she agreed. I told her to put it somewhere safe. Look where I found it! :-)
3rd grade has proven to be much more difficult and labor intensive than 2nd grade. Iain's teacher announced at Back-to-School night that this year was the beginning of preparation for middle school. (Did I miss something, he's 8!!) Anyway, Iain has really been feeling the differences in this school year. One of the biggest stressors on the kids is that 3rd grade starts actual grades. Another difference from last year, they have 6 tests each week...spelling, vocabulary, grammar, math, reading comprehension and social studies. Yikes! The kids were all very nervous about the first set of tests. Look what Iain brought home from his first 3 tests...(click to see larger)
Park fun! We've been changing it up around here and visiting the park in the mornings before school. Sean doesn't start until 10:00am since he's in the later session. It's a perfect way to enjoy the morning and each other.
Sean dried a slide with his bottom! I asked if he wanted to go home and change his shorts. He decided to sit "the way he does in class" to see if the wetness bothered him! He makes me laugh! Turns out a little water doesn't hinder sitting! :-)
He loves the swings! He has finally realized that pumping legs can make a huge difference!
Finding "her" S.
No comments:
Post a Comment