Sunday, November 15, 2009

Balloon Party...in the dark

We are all healthy now and I'm trying to get back to the blog. After a huge delay and three cases of Swine, I have a bit more time and energy!

Sara is loving her preschool. She has made friends and really enjoys art and circle time. Drop off continues to be a bit of a challenge though. Each day, no matter how much reassurance takes place, we get tears. I'm not talking about sweet quietly sliding down your face tears. I'm talking about loud, huge tears that fly horizontally in all directions when we say our morning good bye. Serious tears. On Friday, Iain told Sara if she could go to school without "huge, screaming tears" she could have 5 balloons when she got home. Well that was it! She ran into class all smiles. I picked her up at lunchtime and she was telling everyone about the Balloon Party she was going to have. As the day went on and we waited for Iain to get home from work, she kept talking about her Balloon Party...in the dark...that we were going to be having. She even invited the boys, which was funny since they were obviously going to be there anyway!

For those of you who haven't been to a Collins Balloon Party let me explain a bit. The evening consists of balloons. That's it. Nothing fancy. We blow up a few balloons and the kids run through the house, through the balloons and love it! It will keep them occupied for a solid hour! This time Sara added the in the dark spin to it all. We weren't sure how they would be able to see the balloons. She wanted pitch dark. Luckily for us, Iain found 3 glow sticks packed away in his Indian Guide bag.

10 balloons, 3 glow sticks and 3 crazy kiddos...

(The green blurs are spinning glow sticks. Remember, the room is pitch dark!)


No comments: