Monday, January 10, 2011

Birthday Transformation

Sara had an amazing birthday. In years past, even though she was young (yes, I know she still is), she did not enjoy her birthday. It was a time that many people would look at her, the attention would be on her, she would be expected to be 'on' and interact with everyone. These were not her strong suits. Until now. She LOVED this year! She was actually walking up to strangers and telling them it was her birthday! She enjoyed the attention, enjoyed the fun and enjoyed the spoiling! It was wonderful for us to see this!
Right when she woke up
Squishing her brothers before they went to school
All dressed up for birthday fun. With the new Hello Kitty purse (FILLED with goodies) from Grandma.

The day centered around her big decision to get her ears pierced. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so all I have is the after pics. She LOVES them! The girl who did the piercing told us how to care for and clean them. Boy did Sara listen! Every morning and evening she reminds us that they need to be cleaned. I'm so bummed I forgot the camera. Watching her sit in the chair, waiting for the earrings was too cute! She was nervous. On the way home she even said, "That wasn't a very good choice Mommy." HAHA By the time we got home she was proudly showing them off!

Later in the afternoon...we asked her to cover her eyes while we got her present. She kept peeking so she decided to use the blanket instead. A girl who knows her own limits!

The gift


This photo needs a little explanation. :-) Sara received a Disney Princess Boombox from Nanny and Grandad. Hearing her voice projected throughout the house seems to be a hit. This morning she was singing while in her new lipstick she got from Uncle Jeffrey and Aunty Robin. Think it's her color?

No comments: