Sunday, December 09, 2007

Our weekend

We've had a very fun and eventful weekend! It started on Friday with Sean going to have a special afternoon with Grandma. They went back to her house and put together this great truck cake! So cute!! Then they enjoyed dinner together! He had so much fun! When she left, he said "very thank you Grandma!" Another, so cute!!

The weather has been soooo cold here! I know, I know...a few of you are laughing at the idea that we even get cold weather around here! Really it has been in the low 60's during the day. That is cold! We even brought out the newly named Eskimo jacket for Sara. The only pics I was able to get were this blurry one and this adorable one with her Daddy!

Saturday morning we went to get our Christmas tree. Remember this post from last year? Again, I was very excited to find the right tree for us! I so enjoy looking at each of them, picturing it in our house. Iain on the other hand, still isn't crazy about my fickle tree choosing style! We finally went with tree #5. I thought it was a pretty short process, but I'm fairly sure I was the only one! The kids did enjoy running and hiding in the trees though. When we got home, Iain T. helped get the tree up and ready to be decorated! He sure is Daddy's little helper these days!

Iain and Sean came up with the idea of a patriotic tree this year. Sure, why not! Instead of the multi colored lights we usually use, we used red, white and blue! It turned out great! Here's Sara putting on her very first ornament! (sniff-sniff, she's getting so big) Last year she sat on the floor and watched! You can see the red and white lights. The blue are up at the top! I just noticed I don't have any finished tree pics, better get one!
This is getting pretty long and I haven't even gotten to the parade on Saturday night! That will have to be for another time!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I AM laughing at your "cold" 60 degrees, but the pics are still super cute! :)