Monday, May 04, 2009

Castles, pigs and pictures

Today has been a nice day. The kids played well, the weather was nice. Not too much going on. This morning Sean and Sara were busy building a fort in the living room. They were so excited about it! As they finished, Sara announced the bunny was King of the Castle. Sean was okay with that so, King Bunny it was!

King Bunny
On another note, this darn Piggie Disease is getting a bit too close for comfort. There is a school less than a 1/2 mile from our house closed today for a "confirmed case". It's a K-8, so it reaches lots of kids. Of course kids in our tract go there, as do kids on the boy's baseball teams. I for one, am not one to jump on a hysteria bandwagon. As far as I can see, a flu is a flu is a flu! If we were to get it, I'm confident our bodies would be able to fight it. But being honest, I do think about it a bit more when it comes to Sara. She has an amazing immune system, only been on antibiotics once, but at a whopping 30lbs, I do want to steer clear. The real question is, should I stop taking her to the gym for awhile? Hmmm....

Sara's new favorite outfit...she's starting to want to dress herself. I like to pick out her clothes and dress her all cutesy. I realize I need to let her choose if that's what she wants to do but it's hard to let go (I know, I know, it's only the beginning!!)! Luckily she is fairly good at matching so far!

No comments: