Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just plain ole fun

We've been having a great few days. The end of the school year, which is also the end of baseball season, tends to be a bit hectic. The past few weeks have been like that, but I think we've now made it over the hump and are gently heading downward. Hooray! Iain's crazy report/project/speech was due yesterday. Thank goodness! It seemed to take on a life of it's own! It was on a local city and I have to say we learned lots of tidbits we didn't know. It just seemed to linger over our heads for the past month. (Hear my big sigh of relief)

Like I said, baseball is also coming to a close. Sean has 2 more games and Iain has one. Iain's team is taking first place so they will be going on to the Tournament of Champions (TOC) in a few weeks. The boys have been working very hard to make it and now to hopefully make it all the way through. It's a single elimination tournament which makes it a bit harder but we're all very excited non the less.

Swimming is still in full force. Our big aquatic news is that Sara can now swim the length of the pool unassisted! I almost fell over watching her! She does three 'big arms' then rolls herself over to her back, floats to catch her breath, then rolls back for three more arm strokes. Repeat. She can do this by the entire length of the pool without being touched at all! I think she shocked herself the first time she did it. I will of course bring the video camera to her next lesson is hopes of catching it for everyone!
Someone gave us an old flower girl dress to play with! Guess who wants to wear it ALL THE TIME!

15 more days of school! This year has gone incredibly fast. The other day Sean said "In 2 weeks I'll be a first grader". To which Iain T. replied "No, more like a retired kindergartner!" :-)
Did I mention that I worked at McDonalds recently? The boys school had a fundraiser and of course I was all over it. We staffed 5 positions for 3 hours and 20% of all proceeds during that time went go to the school. Easy enough! I went in saying, "as long as I don't end up at fries I'll be fine". Guess what I got? SHOCKER! :-) I have to say it was fun! After I got it down, it was almost relaxing. The repetition had a very calming effect on me. Another funny fact, I took great pride in my fries. Each time someone came to grab a bag of them, I felt so proud "Yay, they took some fries". Maybe I need to get out more huh? :-)
Posing with another school volunteer! The hats say "McTeacher Night"

More Sean news, he lost another tooth. The top front ones have been loose for a few months and we knew one of them would be coming out pretty quick. He woke up one morning and it looked like this. Obviously time to come out!

The threesome working together to get the tooth out. I love this picture!

Out!

Of course Iain's turning 9 in 3 days is also fun stuff. He had a party last weekend which I'll post about another time!

No comments: