Thursday, June 04, 2009

Nueve

Happy belated birthday to Iain! I feel bad that I haven't gotten around to posting about his birthday but the busyness factor has been kicked up a notch. So...
Happy 9th Birthday Iain!
The weekend before his birthday, he had a party with some friends at school. We made a conscious effort to only include his friends. In the past we have made big events with everyone. He is growing up and his friends are now such an important part of his life. We wanted his day to be about that. His friends, that are his age making a big deal for him! They had a blast! :-)

On his actual birthday, we hung around the house. He wanted to go to the beach but the weather didn't quite cooperate. So plan b consisted of practicing baseball and swimming, then walking to dinner. It was a great family day! He, of course, has been showered with lots of thoughtful and generous gifts.
I was asked if I can believe he is 9 already. Funny thing is, I can! Don't get me wrong, the last nine years have flown by. It's amazing to me that 9 years have already gone by but at the same time, he seems to be entering the 'big kid' era. Where the kids use to be "the boys and Sara" it now seems to be "Iain and the little ones". Iain has gone through some sort of maturity spurt where he is not a little guy anymore. His interests have changed. Where does the time go? He is such an amazing kid, we are truly blessed!
A good morning birthday kiss!
We love you Iain!
Happy Birthday Buddy!

1 comment:

Heather said...

9!! Mine will be 9 at the end of the summer, so hard to believe they are getting so close to double digits! Love the cake face pic! That's great!