The day arrived. Iain took her shopping for cleats, a ball and shin guards. She came home covered in pink. Shocking I know! :-) All three were from a matching set, black and pink with hearts. There was a little twinkle in her eye that wasn't there when she left to go shopping. Iain and I were hopeful. We knew how much fun she would have if she just allowed herself to play.
Fast forward a few hours. I know I'm biased but damn, she's cute!
Yes, she picked out the outfit to match the ball!
This chin pose is her new favorite
Off to practice and...she loved it! She absolutely loved it. I'm not sure who was more thrilled about the whole experience, Sara or us! We sat in our chairs, watching our baby play on a team. The boys were there cheering her on too. She listened to her coach, ran, kicked the ball and even scored a goal. Not only was it a huge turning point for Sara but it felt like a turning point for our family. As all four of us sat and watched her, I couldn't help but think about the dynamic of the situation. For four and half years, Sara has slept through, played at, eaten at and watched her brother's games. For the first time.EVER.her brother's were watching her. Iain and I kept looking at each other and smiling. There was something almost comforting about the turn around.
Go Peanut Go!

No comments:
Post a Comment