Kindergarten Round Up. Wow, hard to believe it's here again. Yesterday was the third and last time we will be at our local school for this event. The first time was sad, I cried. The second time was happy, he was thrilled and we were thrilled for him. The third time was a bit apprehensive but exciting!
Sara has been at this school twice a day (if not more) everyday since she was 1 week old. She is comfortable there beyond belief. She is buddies with the principal and knows most teachers by name. She has been to all holiday parties, set up Book Fair and helped at Jog-a-Thon. Still, we know our little girl and new situations can make her a bit apprehensive.
The sun was a little bright for my last minute picture!
We walked up to the classroom with all the other parents and she was starting to walk backwards instead of forward. We knew she was feeling a bit timid. Not quite sure what happened next but all the kids started walking in together. It was a big herd. She jumped in the herd and was off! She went in the class and didn't look back. Neither did we, once she was in, we went to the meeting. About an hour later we went to pick up a smiling little girl. I asked who she played with and she happily said, "No one, I colored and listened to stories." Works for me! She was happy and had enjoyed it! Success!
Come September, I will have all three of my kiddos in school. As Iain finishes up at the school, Sara is going in. Feels weird. When Iain started I was pregnant with Sara. Now as he leaves and goes on to Middle School, she starts.
No comments:
Post a Comment