Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Old Mac Iain went to a farm. E-I-E-I-O!!

Last week I was lucky enough to chaperone Iain T's kindergarten class on a field trip to a local farm. It was so much fun! The kids were able to touch and pick up bunnies, chicks and chickens! At first Iain was a little unsure about picking up a chicken but soon he was a pro! I had to laugh at the little girls who would swoop them off the ground and hold 'em like they were sacks of potatoes. It was definitely the boys who were more hesitant (and the moms!)

The other big attraction was milking Daisy the Cow. Poor Daisy! She stood in this little "area" eating hay while all the kids milked her one by one! With each little pull of the poor cow's utter, the milk would spray and get on their hands. It was hilarious to see their little faces scrunch up with the "ewww gross" look as they were wiping the milk off! Not sure we had any future farmers in the bunch!

No comments: