He was asking to have a Star Wars party this year but we weren't sure if we wanted to go the big party route. We did give in (shocker) and ended up taking 5 of his kindergarten friends bowling. I have to say it was lots of fun! The whole 6 year old boy dynamic was a crack up! We had a Darth Vadar cake that read "May the Force be with you Iain"!! Love it! 
On the big day, we took cookies to his class so they could have a little celebration there also. As most of you know, I'm all about the birthdays. I think they are just the greatest thing ever and I'm definitely conditioning the kids to feel the same way. Anyway, turns out his bday was on the same day as music class. His music teacher had the class sing Happy Birthday 3 different times to Iain. They had a fast version,
a slow version and then a version with some cha cha cha's in it. Last but not least they sang "For he's a jolly good fellow". Nothing like a little attention, huh?!?! He did run out of class that day with a special crown on his head and a smile from ear to ear! Priceless!It was a fantastic week and best of all, Iain felt very special. For now we will sit on the floor, play Star Wars Legos and enjoy this new adventure that is called "a 6 year old"!
No comments:
Post a Comment