Monday, September 18, 2006

Watch out Pele, here comes Iain!

After weeks of practice and anticipation, the day finally arrived. Iain's first soccer game. We've been waiting for weeks for this day, sometimes excited and at other times nervous. At practice he's really involved and gets into it. He and the other boys, all 6 years old too, have a great time together. The morning of the game he informed me that I wasn't allowed to cheer or say his name loud, it could embarrass him! I agreed even though I really didn't want too!

Right before the game the coach helped the boys get into position. Iain was center forward (I think that's what is was called, I'm not so soccer savvy) which meant he would be kicking the first kick! I stood, camera poised, snapped and got it! The game was a complete success! We didn't win but did score one goal, which was very exciting! The league actually doesn't keep score and all the kids get trophies at the end of the season. My kind of sport! I was able to keep my promise and not scream out embarrassing, proud mother remarks.

Here's a picture from after the game! Looks like he had fun huh? The little war wounds on his face are from skateboarding, not soccer!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You had to promise not to yell anything out! LOL. Isn't that the whole point of being a mom? To embarass our kids? You can let it slide this time since it was the first game. hee, hee:)
Way to Go lain!