Today I took on the task of cleaning out/organizing the kids bins. You know the bins that have all the mementos that I want to save forever. Iain's bin is completely overflowing from all his reports and fun artwork over the years, along with lots of baby things. Sean still has room in his but it is filling up at lightening speed and Sara's is just starting. I will say I did not cry going through it all, but it did really remind me how fast it all goes. Iain's first pair of shoes, first time he wrote his name, and also several reports and presentations he's done. I think his bin was the one that was the most emotional. Seeing his preschool art and the sweet, sweet notes he's written to us over the years...just can't believe he's almost 10!
Here are some of my favorites...
Iain's
The first hat Nanny knitted for him

His first shoes and a piece of his blanket that he slept with for years.

A self portrait: he was 4 years old

Iain made this for Sean

Love this one. He signed it when he was almost 5 years old. He has since told me he can not honor this contract!!

Sean's
Sean's first pair of shoes size 5 Extra Wide :-) and his first Nanny hat


Kindergarten - Drawing of a pig

Love the spelling of "pumpkin" and the frog drawing

Again, contract. Notice his signature, he was 2 1/2 at the time...

Sara's
Not her first Nanny hat, but a bumble bee one. Sean was playing soccer at the time and his team was the Bumble Bees. She still wears her "first" Nanny hat!
Her family.
Note that Iain T. is bald and Sean is wearing a dress. Sara says the red on our faces was make up.

Turkey drawing - 3 years 10 months
1 comment:
This is so sweet! I just went through my kid's newborn clothes last night...some to keep for my new little guy and Anna's to give to my sister for her baby girl. It's so tough! And almost impossible to believe they were ever that small.
You'll be so glad you kept all of those things!
Post a Comment