Today was a great day. Alright...I guess being honest here, it had a few road bumps. But now at the end of the day with two sweet little cuddlies sound asleep in their beds, I can say it was a great day. Iain, Iain and I went Christmas shopping this morning. Just walking around the stores while Iain T gave his insight on what he thought his brother and sister would like, was fun for us. He brought his wallet and picked out something for each of them. It's very important for him to have something to give each member of the family. It's also very important that it's from HIM. In years past when he hasn't had the money to buy gifts, he has made gifts. We tried to encourage that again this year, but he has been saving his money for this very reason. His heart is sweet.
After shopping Iain had a friend over and Sean went to a friend's house. That's when Sara and I made sugar cookies. We mixed and tasted and stirred and tasted. Yum. Then we started homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Yum. The evening was rounded out with family movie night with popcorn and hot chocolate. Yum. I'm not sure Underdog would've been my first choice of the movie but it was good family entertainment. I challenge ANYONE to find a movie that can entertain a 5th grader and a preschooler at the same time. :-)
In classic Sara Style, cleaning the counters. The girl loves to clean! Not sure where she got that. NO REALLY, not sure where she got that!!
Night night!
No comments:
Post a Comment