Tuesday, June 20, 2006

School is out (well almost)

Whoo, what a year! I can't believe how fast it went and at the same time, so much has happened. Kindergarten started and ended, Seany finished his first year of preschool and Sara is now here! How's that for an abbreviated version of the past 9 months!

Tomorrow is Iain T.'s last day of school. It's quite bittersweet. Last September we were all so nervous of what Kindergarten would bring. How would he do? How would I do? Good news is we both did well! Iain made some great friends over the past few months, as have I. I just can't believe how fast it has gone. Iain can now read and write! It's truly amazing what they learn these days. His teacher, who is a fantastic lady, is retiring this year. She was diagnosed with Hip Cancer earlier this year and has been quite a trooper for the kids. She was able to put on her 'teacher face' each and every day, even when it was obvious she didn't want do. Saying goodbye to her has been quite a challenge. She and I both cry everytime we attempt it! Tomorrow being the last day, will be the end of our long and drawn out adieu!

Sean is already in summer mode. Preschool ended last week so he's been enjoying some relaxation time. We loved the school he was at the 2nd half of this year. The teacher was wonderful! He had a friend in the class and the teacher is a friend of ours so he felt very comfortable there. We have decided to put him in another school next year though. As Kindergarten gets closer, Iain and I feel it's important to get Sean into a little more structured environment. After searching high and low we found one that fit all of our requirements (and it's right around the corner!!). He's very excited about his "4 year old" school. We're hoping it will be as wonderful as the "3 year old" one this year.

In September when school started I was 5 months pregnant, now Little Miss Sara is 5 months old! Yikes! How's that for a big change?? She's now rolling everywhere, starting to sit on her own and eating solids. Changes, changes! I could go on about all that she is doing and how wonderful she is but I'll save it for another post. She's on my lap right now trying to eat the keyboard!!

Here's to a fun summer! Cheers!

1 comment:

Heather said...

It's amazing how quickly it all happens. Congrats on surviving kindergarten! Have a great summer!!