Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Amish Country Here We Come

Yesterday was a day when I was convinced someone was trying to tell me something. If I looked around I'm sure I would've seen a large, blinking neon sign above my head, "Time to join the Amish"!

One by one, my electronic devices all went ka-put! It started at about 6:45am with the computer not coming on. (Yes, that is the same computer that I just got back after several days at the Dr.) It continued with my cell phone breaking at 7:30am and the cable box shutting itself off and refusing to go back on. It topped off at 8:05am when the car wouldn't start! Amazing isn't it? Maybe a life of long dresses, big bonnets and outside port-a-potties (ick!) are for us! Did you know that "the Nebraska Amish do not use suspenders and are not permitted to have screens on their doors and windows."? I think I'll stear away from the Nebraskan communities, I like screens. I'd have to think the bugs are bothersome in the summer months...

Back to my story, after a quick dash to the neighbors to get Iain off to school and a call to the very nice, yet big and burly tow truck driver we were at least partially back in business. The computer is back up and running today, the cable box seems to be feeling a bit better and I'm working on replacing the cell phone. All in a days work I guess!

If you try to call us tomorrow and the message says we're out buying a horse-drawn buggy, don't be surprised. It may be our new calling!

What do you think of my little Amish girl?

How about our little buggy ride? Nothing like Photoshop!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

You crack me up woman!