Monday, February 25, 2008

Monkey George

Sara has a new best friend and it's a monkey! Every night after bath her Daddy takes her to the computer to watch the music video to Upside Down by Jack Johnson. (It's one of the songs from the Curious George movie.) She sits on his lap and sings along with Jack and George. Her face just lights up when the monkey pops up on the screen. She says things like 'oh my there he is' and 'look Daddy, the monkey' with true excitement in her voice. I think it's true primate love! It has evolved into her asking for Monkey George before she is even out of the bath. Tonight as I was putting her jammies on, I told her it was about time to brush her teeth. She gently reminded me that Monkey George was before teeth brushing. Alright, it wasn't so gentle but it was a reminder!

To us the cutest part of the whole thing is how she says Monkey George. It's sounds like she has a french accent...

(This is my first attempt at video on the blog. Just click the play arrow to hear her cute little voice.)

2 comments:

Heather said...

My kids call curios george monkey george too! Great job with the video on the blog.I love the accent. We just decided yesterday that Natalie has a Russian accent. Don't know where it comes from, but it is funny!
What a cute bedtime routine. I love the Jack Johnson Soundtrack to Curious George, we listen to is often. Natalie wants to watch Sara again.. hee. hee.

Heather said...

Natalie wants to play with her now. Elena swears that your voice is me talking.