Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The lollipop

This morning Sara found a lollipop in an old purse of mine. (Yes, I carry them around for needed encouragement (read: bribery)). I told her that she could have it this afternoon on the walk to pick up Iain. She carried it around, not opening it, but also not letting it go. She refused lunch which I thought was strange and melted down when I mentioned nap. I was a bit confused until she said 'no nap get Iain'. That made it clear, she wanted to go get Iain and have the lollipop, not lunch or bed! I explained to her that we would pick Iain up after naptime but that was definitely not what she wanted to hear. She sat in her bed for over an hour repeating 'no nap get Iain'. It's amazing to me that she not only remembered that the lollipop was coming when we got Iain but also that she chose to forgo food and sleep while waiting for the candy.

When I went to get her from the scream fest, her first words to me were, 'Sara out too'. This is what I saw...

I knew exactly what she meant when I looked around her room. Everything was thrown out of her bed...blankets, clothes, socks, Mi-Mi, Elmo...the whole shabang! She wanted out of her bed just like all of her things were! This silly little girl has such a strong little spirit. She knows what she wants and knows how to go about getting it. (Don't worry she doesn't always get what she wants!!)
1:30pm - three hours after the original lollipop conversation.
Look at her right hand. Still holding the wrapped lollipop!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Soooo funny! It's amazing what determination they have at age two!

Heather said...

At least she didn't open it, what a good listener. My sneaky little children would've hid behind the couch and inhaled it!