HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY SEANY!!!
What a great date for a birthday!
Sean chose to go to the last day of VBS today. I was leaning toward him staying home and having fun with me but I was reminded by several people that it was his birthday, not mine. Yea, yea, yea!! Anyway, he did go and we also stayed for the BBQ afterwards.
Here's a classic Iain (hubby) story for you. (Before I even start I must clarify how mellow this church is. It's a total shorts and t-shirt place.) When we arrived to pick him up, in shorts and t-shirts of course, the kids were still in the chapel singing. We were told to go on in and enjoy the singing/slide show. We filed into the back with the rest of the parents. Right when the singing ended, there was about a 5 second period of silence. It wasn't a 'moment of silence', more of a lull before the next activity. My hubby shouts out "Happy Birthday Sean"! Then one by one people start saying 'Happy Birthday Sean', over and over. It was cute! Gotta love that he took an opportunity of quiet to announce Sean's birthday! As you can tell from my posts, we are big on being loud when it comes to the kids. I try not to completely embarrass them but attention is good!!!
Opening his card this morning
(Like his fat lip? He collided with a kid at VBS the other day)
Listening to Grandma sing Happy Birthday!
Click on it to see his happy expression!
Happy birthday to the bestest, coolest, silliest, most lovablest 6 year old in the world! We love you Sean!
No comments:
Post a Comment