Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wax on - Wax off

Look what Iain T. bought last week! I was out doing errands and when I came home he was standing in the garage holding this...

I knew the day was coming but was still shocked to see him holding his very first board. We had worked out a deal that if he came up with half of the money, we'd pay the other half. He saved and saved until he came up with half. All his birthday money, any money earned from chores, it all went towards the board! While I was out, Iain and Iain went shopping and found the perfect board!
Every new surfboard needs to be waxed!

The following morning the board was taken out on it's maiden voyage. Iain was very pleased to announce that he stood up several times but that it was much different than what he's use to. He has since gotten use to it and is in love!

No comments: