It's official, the school year is here.
The boys were up and ready to go quite early this morning. They were full of smiles, talking about what the first day might be like. It went very well!
Morning crazies! They called this the arm picture...
...and this the back picture
Iain was a bit nervous about being on a new side of the school. Third graders play on the "big kid" playground so he was in new territory this morning. He saw many familiar faces which helped! We went and met his teacher first thing, she was very nice. She is young, peppy...seemed great! Iain was of course too cool for mom's morning picture barrage, so most of them are of the back of his head!
First he just closed his eyes
Then he covered his face
Then he just decided to turn around all together!! Sean thought it was funny so he joined in!
Sean starts later, he's what they call a Later Gator. He goes from 10:00 to 2:15. So after we dropped Iain off we went home relaxed a bit then went back. He is one ready child! He stood by us for a few minutes but once he saw his buddies, he was off. Did I mention he knows 12 other incoming kindergartens? It was like a big party for him!Getting to school
Sara wanted to stay today! She knows so many of the kids that I think she felt left out when it was time leave!
Love name tags
Did I mention how amazing my hubby is? Today was his first day also. Since Sean didn't start until 10:00, he was able to get someone to cover his class for an hour or so. He really wanted to be there for the first day! I didn't have any idea he was even coming until last night. I assumed since it was his first day he wouldn't be able to make it work! What a guy!!
1 comment:
No way is Sean in Kindergarten!!! I remember when I first saw that little curly headed baby!
They look so excited though, and you can tell they just love it. Enjoy your "just girls" time with Sara :)
Post a Comment