When Iain started kindergarten I bawled, I sobbed, I anxiously stared at the clock until pick up time. I just couldn't believe he was starting school. He was so little and in my eyes not ready for the big world away from me. I quickly learned that he was very ready for the big world that we call kindergarten, I was the one who wasn't. Now as he gets ready to march off to third grade, he is a confident, excited little boy ready for what this school year will hold for him. We're so proud of him!
Iain's first day of kindergarten. I can't believe this was 3 years ago.
Two kids in school! That sounds so strange to me. Sean starting kindergarten always seemed so far away. Even when it crept up last year, we decided to wait. (By the way, one of the best decisions we've ever made.) Now kindergarten is finally here and he is so ready in every way. Sean has been to the school twice a day, every day to drop off and pick up Iain. We did this for the past three years. He knows the school inside and out and is ready to go! I'm also ready for him to go. Not in a "can't wait to get my child out of the house" way, but a "I know he is ready and I'm thrilled for him" way. I know he is in a safe place, with a wonderful teacher and he's thrilled to be going! What a great feeling!The first day napkins I tucked in their lunch boxes tonight.
The excited smile at bedtime. He was rolling around talking about his big day tomorrow. An hour later he was still rolling around in bed! Silly boy!

Bedtime smile
The backpacks are ready, lunches are (mostly) made and the clothes are laid out. We're ready for the morning. Stay tuned tomorrow for pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment