Saturday, September 06, 2008

Super Soccer

Today was the first day of soccer. I love soccer! Yes, it's true I love watching the boys play any sport, but soccer is really the most fun. It's fast paced, I think that's what I enjoy so much. Baseball is great when your own kid is playing but can get a bit boring if the ball doesn't come to them.

Iain has moved up to the next division so he's now one of the youngest on the team. With a new division comes new rules. They now call off-sides and if the kids don't throw the ball in properly (if they lift a foot) they lose possession of the ball. I like that more of the real rules are played but it's a big change for the boys. Anyway, Iain did great! He was in the mix most of the time. He loves to just get in there and get the ball. I have to say, he was pretty brave considering the size of a few of those kids! His coach has nicknamed him Scrappy-Doo since he's so fast and gets right in the middle of everyone. I think it's a perfect name for him! Sean also had a great game. He was his usual non-competitive self. He truly doesn't care if he wins or not. That being said, he scored 3 goals! I also don't care if they win, but I sure scream like a banshee when my child scores three goals! It's funny because he loves baseball but he is really good at soccer! I'm sure his love of baseball comes from the fact that every time we turn around there are Angels ads, Angels clothes, we go to Angels games, watch them on tv...when's the last time anyone went to a professional soccer game? And for that matter, other than David Beckham, can you name a professional soccer player? I can't!

Waitin' for the ball... Coach Iain doused with water after Sean's game!
Bouncing cheerleaderSerious face
Crazy face

No comments: