Monday, September 08, 2008

More than happy

Today has been a good day! It started with a FANTASTIC recheck of Sean's ears. I can't remember if I shared it with you all (if I already did than please skip this part), he had an ear infection about a month ago, that left him with an ear full of fluid. We were a bit discouraged but the pediatrician was VERY discouraged. She was a downer if I'm being honest. She prescribed a very strong antibiotic and a very, very strong steroid. I filled the prescriptions, then stared at them for 24hrs before dumping them down the drain. The next step was to call our Osteopath for an appointment. Long story even longer, after two sessions with our wonderful Dr. Camacho, the fluid is gone! This isn't the first time he has helped us either. We were at a point about a year ago when the ENT and pediatrician said the fluid would not go away, it was too thick to drain on it's own. Well, a few appts with our beloved Dr. Camacho and voila, no more fluid! The ENT actually said he was unable to explain how it drained out! I know, I know!!


After I dropped Sean off at school this morning, Sara and I had a very productive morning. A little laundry, some cleaning, some castle building and a little progress in Sara's room. It's far from done, but it's at least heading in the right direction. Slow and steady wins the race, right?


Napping in the "Monkey Bed" as Sara calls it.


The "castle" Sara made today

No comments: