Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Odds and ends

We're back in the swing of things...again. Just as school was starting after vacation, the kiddos got sick. Sara - Monday (her birthday) and Tuesday then Iain - Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The following week, last week, felt like all catch up. There was extra work for the boys from school, I had cleaning up around here to do, lots of laundry from Winter Camp. This week has a whole different feel. Granted, there wasn't school on Monday and today is only Tuesday but I'm likin' it!! I guess the fact some friends threw me a little birthday party this past Saturday didn't hurt either!! :-)
Sara had her three year old well check last week also. She is weighing in at a whopping 29lbs! She is still a peanut! I had let her know ahead of time that she would be getting a shot. She asked if it would hurt and I told her that yes, it would probably hurt a bit. She asked if she would get a band aid, I told her yes she would! The nurse came in, she offered up her arm like a champ. Then the shot came! She looked completely offended! As soon as the needle was out, she asked for a band aid through tears, still holding her arm up in the air. As soon as the Tweety Bird was on her arm, she jumped off my lap and ran out the door! She wasn't waiting around to see if there was another one!
She did pull the shot card for the rest of the day! She enjoyed showing people her badge of honor!

No comments: