Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Bunnies

A few weeks ago on Martin Luther King Day, we ventured up to the local mountains for a snow day. (I know some of you are probably laughing that we were seeking out snow!!) Iain T. was bummed that he had missed Winter Camp so we promised we'd go to the snow soon. Not knowing what the weather would bring, we decided to go sooner than later. There was plenty of snow but it was icy and patchy. Of course they have a few more feet of powder now, but who knew!!

We had a great time! The boys were sledding down some crazy hills. There were times when I admittedly looked away. I knew they were having a great time but it scares me to see them launch through the air! Sara went on a few runs with Iain and I. She loved the experience as a whole but wasn't super into sledding. As snow tradition goes, we made a snowman. Maybe I should call it a snow bump. We gathered some branches and even some trash from the area to incorporate into our 'bump'!
Splat goes Iain!

Our Snow Bump

On the drive back home, we noticed the temp outside. I should've taken another picture when we got home, 76 degrees. Amazing how a 2 hour drive can have a 32 degree difference!

No comments: