Even though we have been completely swallowed up with baseball, we've still managed to enjoy other aspects of summer. The kids have found a new love close to my heart...board games. Those of you who know me well, probably remember how often I would play games by myself as a child. My sister wasn't a big game player so I would be both players and move everyone around the board. I remember playing Monopoly and buying properties for both sides. It definitely didn't have the excitement of two people but hey, I enjoyed it! Anyway as I was saying, it pleases me to see the kids playing board games. Some they play together, others just the boys, or some solo. Connect Four is one that seems to be a favorite right now. The boys think it is hilarious to sneak four across on each other.
The only pic I can find right now is Monopoly...
Sara has always played very well by herself. She can sit for hours with her Littlest Petshop figures, dolls or blocks sometimes even combining them all!
This is the lunchbox she chose for her school debut in a few weeks. She carries it around the house as her purse and dresses it up a bit with beads. Quite the accessorizor!
Completely unrelated but, cannonballs anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment