Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday ramblings

It's amazing to me how quickly this summer has passed by. We've had so much fun, enjoying the weather and each other. Today marks three weeks until school starts. So much that I still want to fit in in that three weeks. Obviously the biggest plan is June Lake for the boys. Nanny and Grandad have generously offered to take the boys on vacation for 8 days. I'm so excited for them but oh' my heart does a little flip flop when I think of them being gone for that long. I know they will have a great time and come back with memories that will last a lifetime. Our house will be so incredibly quiet though! Luckily I still have one snuggle bug around the house! Speaking of which we finally figured out when she starts preschool, 9/9/09. It sounds way too soon to me! How can my baby be a preschooler? (Heavy sigh...)

We've been cracking up at some of Sara's words lately. Her vocabulary is really growing. Actually and awesome seem to find their way into almost every sentence. A few weeks ago we had some friends over for dinner. As a nice summer dessert we made Jello Jigglers in Cantaloupe. You slice the melon in wedges to make a nice summer treat. Ever since then Sara has been talking about the yummy Jellop we had that night! I can't bring myself to correct her, Jellop is so cute!

We have tons of plans for next week. Several playdates, movies, park...lots of fun to spoil our solo chick-a-dee! I'm sure there will be lots of pictures to follow.
Yesterday Sara was having a little quiet time in her room. We didn't want her to sleep since it was later in the afternoon so when it was quiet for more than a few minutes I was suspicious. This is what I found, Sleeping Beauty in the closet. If that weren't cute enough, look closely at her underwear. She put one of her doll diapers on! Not that it fit or that she put it on correctly. Concerned about an accident maybe!?!?!?
Iain with a frog in his hand. He couldn't stop giggling.
Sara still likes to put her things in the fridge to 'keep them safe'. This time around was chapstick, a rice krispie treat, and jewel stickers.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I think Anna and Sara were sisters seperated at birth. Putting things in the fridge to keep them safe! So cute!

And I just have to say NO WAY is Sean seven years old!!!