Saturday, March 12, 2011

Loving the Laundry

With our downstairs flood a month ago has come piles and piles of laundry. Our washer and dryer were taken out to make more room to dry the wet walls. Here we are a month later, still no washer/dryer...for that matter still no walls. People aren't moving very quickly to put our house back together! I am thankful to have wonderful neighbors who have been more than generous. One has left me his house key so I can use his washer when he is at work. Another scrubbed the stains out of the boys baseball pants for me before she washed them. I'm so thankful.

This week with the boy's crazy baseball schedules (which will soon be another blog post) I haven't had a chance to get as much done as I usually do. This morning I found myself staring at mounds of clothes that didn't look like they were going to be washing themselves. I made a bold decision. I had to hit the laundromat. I packed up all the clothes, grabbed some lots of quarters and set out on this adventure.

Here's the biggest surprise of the morning, it was fun! :-) They had washers and dryers that fit 4 loads at a time! Yes, amazing and true! They weren't cheap, but I was able to fit all our clothes and towels into 3 washing machines! The same three large loads were then put into 2 dryers. Wait...more excitement...the dryers dried everything, towels and jeans included in 30 minutes! Woo hoo! I know I may need to get a hobby or something, this probably can't be THAT exciting but for someone who does lots and lots of laundry, it was amazing! I did a weeks worth of laundry for 5 people in one hour...and it was all for less than $20!

No comments: