Step One: Maim the Mi-Mi
I have to laugh that I'm even sharing all this. Okay, I thought a thumb tack wStep Two: The Nap
We followed Sara's normal naptime routine. After tucking her all in, I handed her Mi-Mi. It went straight into her mouth. She instantly got a confused look on her face and pulled it right out. She looked at me, while I tried not to give myself away, and put it back in her mouth. She did this a few times as I walked out! I could hear her grumbling through the door but nothing too serious, no tears! Within a few minutes she was sound asleep. She ended up sleeping for 2.5 hours! ONE POINT FOR ME!!!!
Step Three: Tweaking my Work
Sara woke up, the afternoon went on and I couldn't stop thinking about how
well the whole thing went. Did it still work for her or did it go flat? Why did she sleep so well without really complaining? So I did what all crazy, obsessed moms do, I tried the darn thing out again! It did indeed go flat when I sucked on it but not very quickly. It needed a few more holes. I went to work with my mighty thumb tack again. By the time I was finished the nipple was flat as can be!
Step Four: Bedtime
You're never going to guess what happened! Nothing! She put it in her mouth, took it out a few times, gave me the confused looks, then put it back in again, but said nothing! She is now sound asleep! Go figure!! I'm still not claiming victory but I'm pretty darn pleased!!
No comments:
Post a Comment