Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Schleprock

If there was ever a day when I would qualify to be Schleprock, it was today! It started off to be a fun, day after birthday day. The belated birthday wishes were coming in, I was enjoying my flowers and sign from Iain and the kids and had a good work out at the gym. An overall good morning. Then our computer crashed. Have any of you had the blue screen of death flash on your computer? The message that says something along the lines of you're about to lose everything you've ever done on here and we're going to laugh at you? Nothing like seeing that!! At the same time I'm trying to save our computer files, I get a call from the campground I've been trying to get a reservation at. We're planning a trip for the summer with some families from Iain T.'s school. I finish up with the arrangements and as the lady is giving me the confirmation number she tells me we just took the last trailer. She then precedes to tell me it was the one our friends were calling back for!!! Hello!!!?!?! If she knew they were calling right back why did she just give it to me! Our whole process was done too!! That then leads to several more calls, me having to call our friends and tell them we 'took' their trailer, the last of the size we all wanted!! After those lovely phone calls I go to put Sara down for nap. As we're walking upstairs, my cell phone falls out of my sweatshirt pocket (I forgot it was even in there) and it falls, in what seemed like slow motion, down the stairs and into the cat's water bowl! SPLASH!! Sound like a fun day so far? Fast forward to naptime. I get Sara in her bed, get Sean cozied up for some quiet time and I get busy on drying out the cell phone. 15 minutes later, still hear Sara. 30 minutes still hear Sara. 45 minutes later still hear Sara. She finally falls asleep and then wakes up 30 minutes after that! 30 minute nap and a two year old...never a good combination! It was then almost time to pick up Iain so I had no choice but to get her up. Thank goodness all went well with picking Iain up from school! On the way home we stopped to get a newspaper for a homework assignment Iain T. has. I put my two quarters into the machine and the door doesn't lift up. I try giving it the give me my newspaper shake,nope no paper!! It stole my money! They were my only two quarters too! We went home without a paper!!! Okay, at this point I was laughing hysterically! What a day!

The afternoon did get progressively better! Right now I'm sitting in a quiet house, the kids are in bed and I'm waiting for The Biggest Loser to come on...

No comments: