Monday, June 16, 2008

The Trifecta

Wow what a few days! All three kids are down for the count. We did finally get a diagnosis today and it's not strep...it's hand, foot and mouth (but I guess it's a strain that only effects the mouth). I guess we can call it Mouth!! ;-) The poor kiddos! Seany had a 105 fever with vomiting on Saturday night. It was very scary! The fever has finally broken but now his throat is full of blisters, which makes eating quite uncomfortable! Sara woke up Sunday morning with the fever and now has the blisters. Thank goodness she didn't get the vomiting but she isn't eating either. Then yesterday afternoon Iain came down with the fever. He doesn't have any blisters. The Dr. said since he is older it's possible he is getting a lighter case, but it's also possible that the blisters are still to come. This is his last week of school and he is very upset to be missing it! We are really hoping for the 'avoiding the blisters' option for him!! No one wants to miss the last day of school!

They are all being troopers about the whole thing. Poor Seany was throwing up all morning (which I guess can go with this Mouth version of the virus). He'd walk around the house carrying a bowl "just in case". He is the sweetest little thing! It's hard to see them all like this! Iain is bored and trying everything to get outside and back to school. I'm taking that as a good sign! He can't be feeling too bad if he wants back to school, right? His temp right now is 100.5 so he's still got a fever but not too high. Sean and Sara have been asleep for 2 hours and 15 minutes as of now. Keep sleeping little ones!!

Well, I'll keep you all posted on our big cootie fest!

No comments: