Monday, September 08, 2008

Q says Quack

The kids have been saying the funniest things lately. I thought I'd share a few of them.

Last week the kids and I were out shoe shopping for Iain T. The salesman offered to measure all three of them so we had correct sizes. He started with Iain and Sean, then he went on to Sara. He measured her foot and politely said "you are a 7 and a half. Yours is little, you're a sweet baby." Sara froze, with a look of complete shock and loudly said "I'm not a baby, I'm a big girl!" I couldn't help but laugh while I was explaining to the man what had happened. He of course was not trying to offend anyone, he just didn't know who he was dealing with. Nor did he understand that she may be little but she is not a baby!!

Another Sara story. I love Abba. You know the disco band from the 70's? Other people think I'm crazy, which is quite possible, but to me there is nothing like a little Dancing Queen, or Mamma Mia. Since I find the music so appealing, the kids hear it often. All three of them can sing both of the above songs. I'm not sure what's funnier, hearing Sara sing them or hearing the boys??? Anyway, the other day Sara started singing her own version of Mamma Mia. The real words to the song are:

'Mamma Mia, here I go again,
My, my how can I resist you'
She was singing:
'Diarrhea, here I go again,
my, my la la la la kiss you'


Don't know if songwriting will be in her future!!


Today Sara was watching Letter Factory. It's a dvd that teaches letter sounds in a very clever and sing/songy way. We bought it for Sean years ago and now Sara enjoys it. When they got to the letter "Q" Sara started singing "Q says quack, Q says quack". She got the gist...

Out of the mouth of the Iain T:
"Sean if you're a towhead that must make me a mudhead" After a brief discussion between the two of them on why Sean can't be a mudhead too, they both agreed with the theory, were happy with it and moved on to other topics.


One more. Yesterday Sean was a bit upset with a decision I made. He decided to go cool off in his room. A few minutes later this is what we found taped to his door: (Click on it to see it larger)

Looks like even though he was mad at me, I was the only one welcome in his room! After a little chuckle we noticed the writing looks pretty good, and at least they all have smiles on their faces!!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Ha! Those Mamma Mia lyrics are hysterical! I secretly love ABBA too ;)

And I love that sign on the door. Even when they're mad they're still cute!