Saturday, December 20, 2008

Busy ramblings and bragging

My oh my the past few days have been a whirlwind! Literally from the moment I drop Iain off at school until I pick him back up (or until my wonderful neighbors pick him up) I'm going non-stop. I know it is just this time of year, you'd think I'd be semi prepared for it!

We have a few things going on that I want to update about. The first is Sean. On Tuesday at school, Sean was given an award. They give out a few awards at three different assemblies throughout the year. Sean was very proud to hear he was chosen to receive one and even more proud to stand up to get it! He's a pretty low-key little guy, but he wasn't shy about this at all. He told me on the way to school he'd like me to be loud when they called his name! :-) No problem here!! Iain was able to get off work and slip in to watch the moment! His award was for Overall Effort. (After school his teacher pulled me aside and told me it was actually for the highest achiever! I just love hearing that stuff!)

Another Sean tidbit, as you all know he has been in speech for a few years now. He finished the actual speech part of it awhile back. His teacher asked if we would do let Sean participate in a research project for her, which would allow him to continue getting one-on-one practice with her. We of course agreed. It was a project that focused on memory and re-telling stories. He has since finished that, and she offered to work with him on his 'th' and 's' sounds for free! We of course agreed to that also! Anyway, here we are, 4 years after we started with her. He finished speech, caught up beautifully, mastered re-telling stories (actually finished highest in the group) and today she told me his 'th' and 's' sounds are caught up. Next Tuesday will be his last day! It's crazy to even imagine not seeing her each week. She has seen him every week since he just turned two! It's a bit sad, but at the same time we are so proud of our little guy!
Iain also had a proud moment at school this week. His teacher gives out a student of the day award at the end of each day. She doesn't give them to everyone, it isn't the happy "we're all winners" that so many of us are use to. Once they hit 3rd grade, it's all kids for themselves!!! ;-) Alright, just kidding, but they don't balance those things out anymore. Anyway, he came home with another one yesterday, which makes a total of 4. Apparently, he has been helping others lately to the extent that he has been piling these awards on. Way to go Iain!

Making a gingerbread house at school

Another exciting bit of info, our new washing machine just arrived. I actually had to stop typing to let them in. I knew that I loved having a washer, but I never realized how much I used it until I was without for 5 days! Yikes! I've had my pile of clothes sorted all day, just waiting for it to get here. Let the washing begin!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What wonderful kiddos you have there. Thanks for the Christmas card too, it was beatiful, such photogenic kids. Hope you had a merry Christmas!!!