Saturday, December 27, 2008

Festivities

The past week has been filled with many fun get togethers with family and friends. It started last Saturday with a family cookie exchange and ended last night with Boxing Day.

We had an amazing Christmas. The kids were of course spoiled beyond belief but I'll get to that in another post!

I'll start with last weekend and work through the week.

Sunday at the cookie exchange...


Playing with cousin Terra

On Monday we decided to go visit Santa, along with the rest of the world. We waited one hour and fifteen minutes in line! While waiting, Sara was beyond excited. She was telling us what she was planning on telling Santa. He would get up occasionally (we figured it was because his bum was going numb from sitting all day) and walk through the line waving at the kids. Her face would light up as she watched him. Then it was our turn! She made a B-line for the nearest exit. I have to tell you after standing in line for over an hour, leaving was not at the top of my list. WE-WERE-GETTING-A-PICTURE-WITH-SANTA!!! Iain had decided he was a bit too old for the Santa picture so we respected that. Sean on the other hand was on his lap as soon as it was our turn. As Sara was trying to get out of Dodge, Santa sweet talked Iain into getting in the picture "for his sister's sake". Sweet boy that he is, he agreed. It did help Sara get in the vicinity but before I knew it, I was also in the mix. In the picture they got, Sara and I are holding hands! Guess this was one for the photo album!

Side note: as we were walking away she shrieked and said she forgot to tell Santa something. She ran to the fence and yelled "I want a Baby Alive too please!" Silly girl!

No comments: