Many of us have known for awhile now that Sara was ready to say adios to diapers. The problem that we faced was that she didn't know it yet. She showed us in many ways that she knew what was going on, but at the same time had no interest in wearing panties. As her 3rd birthday was creeping closer I was getting more and more ready, which really doesn't mean much if she wasn't ready! One evening as I was wanting to pursue the potty training route a bit, I showed her the calendar and asked which day she wanted to be a Chonie Day. (Chonies = her brothers word for underwear) She picked the following day, which was Tuesday, 12/30. When that morning arrived I showed her the calendar and told her we would be starting potty training. She protested, as I knew she would, but I continued to take her diaper off. I set her small potty out and kept telling her what the day would involve. The boys headed out to the
zoo and Sara and I stayed home to potty! Well, here we are 7 days and 1 accident later. She is potty trained! That morning she had one accident while running outside with a friend, but other than that she was stayed dry. We don't have to remind her, she goes on her own. She is of course still in diapers at night, which will take a bit of time.
The whole situation makes us laugh, it is so Sara. She has showed us signs of being ready for months now. She just wasn't ready herself. Once she was ready, it was done! That's our girl!

We did have her
No More Diaper Party that night as well. The boys loved celebrating with her and telling her all about their own
No More Diaper Parties!
(Please do not look at the sugar filled junk in her cup!)
1 comment:
Yahoo! Way to go Sara! So funny how they just decide it's time.
Post a Comment