Monday, February 16, 2009

From Love to George, minus some hair

We've had such a nice weekend. Saturday for Love Day, we started the day with a walk to Mimi's Cafe for muffins, juice and coffee. Then after a nice afternoon playing with friends and going to the gym, they each had a small gift to open. Sunday was another nice day. We stayed around the house for most of the day. Iain and I cleaned out the toys (didn't I just do that??) and took the boys for haircuts. They both chose to have their hair cut, ALOT! I knew they both needed to get it trimmed and styled, they were both quite bushy. I think I was just shocked to see what they wanted. Sean sat in the chair and said, "buzz it please". A friend of mine is the stylist so we were both cracking up. She has known Sean since he was 3 years old, so she knows his personality well. We compromised on a short yet edgy cut. Able to spike and wear 'messy' but also very low maintenance. Iain on the other hand came very prepared. As I have mentioned before, he is very into style. He likes his clothes to match, hair to be done, and he even sprays cologne before he goes anywhere. He brought in a picture of what he wanted...a fauxhawk! Yep, you read that correctly, my child got a fauxhawk! I thought about protesting but to be honest, I'm picking my battles. He's a straight A student and as sweet as can be, if the boy wants crazy hair, I'm going to let him. Quick reminder, it's a fauxhawk not a mohawk, I would draw the line at that! These pictures show you how short their hair is but not the full effect of the styles. They were both right out of the shower so it wasn't "done". I'll get some styled pictures up soon.


Of course Sara wanted in too!


*As Sean was sitting in the chair watching his hair fall to the ground, he was so darn cute. The stylist was cutting the hair in the front, he smiled and in a sweet little voice said "hello eyebrows". It's apparently been awhile since he's seen them!!*

No comments: