Side note: Sara loved it! She was playing, laughing and talking with the other kids.
Friday, February 13, 2009
School of schools
In the world of preschools, March is the magic month. It's the month that all registration takes place for the fall. I know fall seems so far away and my baby so small but believe or not, come September she will be 3 1/2. Yikes! I loved beyond loved Sean's teacher last year. I always assumed that I would take Sara there when the time came. Lately I have been having second thoughts. It wasn't the teacher, she is still phenomenal, but she is the 4 year old teacher. I do like the 3 year old teacher but a little voice kept telling me to keep an open mind. You know how that little voice is, hard to ignore even when it can be justified. Anyway, I did listen and I did keep an open mind. Now I know why! On Wednesday, Sara and I found the most wonderful, perfect place for her next year. There were two things that completely sold me. First one was that it's very small. There are only 4 classrooms. That was one criteria that we were looking for. Second was that when we walked into the room to check it out, the kids were so nice to Sara. They were asking her name, asking her to play, even asking when we were coming back again. To me it was very telling. If the school was miserable, the kids would be unhappy. The topper? When we were leaving the director told me she would let us register with the returning students so Sara would be guaranteed a spot! One happy Momma here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment