Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Classrooms, cats in cages and more

This morning Iain went to his classroom to start getting organized for the year. I have to admit this part of the year is probably the most difficult for me. Once we're back in our routine, it's smooth sailing (most days) but the sometimes here and sometimes at school thing throws me for a loop! I much prefer to have him around!! Do you know how much easier parenting is when there are two adults all day, every day?? Guess that will have to wait until we win the lottery. Which will actually be tomorrow so I'll blog all about our winnings another time. Until then, we're back to today!

Anyway, Iain and I have been on a crusade to teach the boys about helping others, helping the environment, giving to charity etc., so today we took some old blankets and towels to the Humane Society. I was telling them how it would help the animals stay warm and cozy in the winter. It went very well, you could tell they were feeling good about what they were doing until we walked into the animal room. Iain plugged his nose, Sean's eyes got really big as he looked around and Sara started barking back at the dogs!! I had brought the camera but being surrounded by caged animals just didn't feel like an appropriate moment to start snapping pictures!! We were all equally ready to get out of there ASAP!! O'well!!

Completely unrelated, here is a picture from today. Sara wanted to see what would happen when she crawled under her slide. She sat there yelling "help"! It was quite cute!!

We're off to the pool. Need a little afternoon swimming to cool us off!

(I can tell this daily idea is going to need more pics! I'll do my best to keep the pictures coming!)

No comments: