Friday, August 24, 2007

Finally, skating

This morning Iain and the boys went to a local skate park with some neighbors. The boys had never been and the anticipation of it was almost too much to bare! Iain T. of course was talking non-stop about the what if's involved. "What if I fall down, Mom?" "What if I go down the biggest hill and don't fall down, Mom?" "What if I see Tony Hawk, Mom?" So cute! One thing about Iain is that he's verbal!! From the moment he started talking, it's been non-stop! When he's excited, he talks. When he's scared, he talks! When he's tired, he talks! Sean on the other hand just walked around with a huge smile and patiently waited to leave. He had his skateboard, Razor (just in case it was too scary to use the board) and knee/elbow pads all lined up ready to go. They did have a great time! The three of them (yep, hubby included) are already talking about the next time they go!!! Sean ended up using his board and scooter! He started on the scooter but was soon trying it all on his skateboard!! Unfortunately, we didn't get pictures of him on the board!

A few hours after they got back, Sara woke up from her nap with a 101.6 temp! Yikes! She doesn't have any other symptoms, but is just laying around wanting to watch Elmo! She was all cozied up with mi-mi (pacifier) and woobies (blankets) looking cute as can be! The fever crept up to 102, so we gave in to the Motrin. She must've felt better because as soon as the fever went down, she was asking to eat.

Side note - Just as I was getting ready to post this, Iain T. came in crying that he was cold. Cold?? Huh?? Did I mention the heat wave we've been having? My first reaction was to take his temperature. Yep, you guessed it...but at least it's not high. It was only about 100 degrees. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: