Friday, January 11, 2008

Enticing

At Sara's two year old well-check this week, the Dr. mentioned potty training. I had to laugh when she asked if she is showing interest. My answer was that she is showing disinterest! We have the book Once Upon a Potty which we actually read often. In the book, Prudence learns to use the potty. Sara cheers and even yells "Yay Prudence" while throwing her arms up in the air. She LOVES reading that book, often choosing it herself and is so happy for Little Prudence's potty successes! But if I ask if she would like to use the potty, she will reply with an, "oh no"! Anyway, the Dr. said we can keep panties that she likes around to entice her. Obviously no pressure but maybe one day she will want to wear them. Not sure if it would work and I'm in no hurry but can't hurt right!? So the next day we went to Target and I decided to visit the itty-bitty pantie aisle. There wasn't any lag time in deciding that we needed a few pairs of Dora and some Diego underwear! Well, first I'll tell you that Diego underwear is for boys. There is no doubt when looking at the two kinds that one is made for girls and the other for boys. Hey, Sara wanted Diego, so Sara got Diego! Here she is showing off her new "panties"...
We literally hadn't even walked in the door at home and she wanted them on! She was so proud!!

Side note: she did sit on the potty for a few minutes. Nothing happened and right after she asked for a diaper, which a gladly gave her!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

HA! That is so funny! Hey you never know, Diego "panties" just might have her joining the ranks of Prudence in no time!