Yes, yesterday was Happy Mommy. Not to be mistake with Happy Ya-Ya that we had a few weeks ago. It was a nice day! On Sunday night, the neighbors all got together and had a surprise dinner for me. Iain was in on the whole thing and was very pleased with himself for pulling it off. They did such a good job in fact that I actually had dinner cooking! Iain didn't want to give it away so he didn't interfere when I started some Turkey Chili. The dinner was quite delicious and the gifts more than generous!! Then on Monday morning I woke up to this hanging up downstairs...
the flowers are each made up of all three of the kids hands. The snake was made by Sean, the butterfly by Iain and the smaller flower was colored by Sara. Iain is always so good about wonderful gifts made by the kids! When Iain got home from work, we went to my favorite restaurant and had a yummy dinner! Fresh fish, yummy! The best part of the day...Iain told the boys that all day long their response to me needed to be "Yes, Mommy, I love you, Happy Birthday". Whenever I asked them to do something, get ready for school, get shoes on...whatever it was, they gave me that answer! No arguing all day, the best present ever!! We ended the evening with a few more presents. It was a wonderful day! Thank you everyone!!!
Not the best picture, but isn't this hat fantastic? Iain forced me to wear it! I managed to talk him into giving me a reprieve for dinner though!!
1 comment:
Ugh, I am awful at dates! Happy Birthday a few days late! Looks like it was a fun one, even with all of the crazy stuff that happened to you the next day :p
I love your Happy Mommy picture too!
Post a Comment