Today Iain T. reminded me that Earth Day in Tuesday. He asked if we can walk to school that day instead of drive, to help the environment. Absolutely Buddy!
Sara loves bugs! Since she was a teeny, tiny tike, she has been fascinated with them. She went through a short phase a few months back, when she was afraid of all creepy crawlies. Luckily she is out of that now. On Friday, I found a disgustingly huge and furry looking spider in our house. Since Sean has been studying spiders in class I thought I'd catch it, so he could bring it to school. I have to say it was very brave of me! (Sara does not get her fondness for arachnids from me!!) We had it in a see-through container. She was carrying it around the house, pushing her nose to the plastic, talking to the little guy...eeck!!! A bit later I asked if she wanted to go out front and look for more bugs. She got a huge smile on her face, leaned over to me and whispered..."elephants". After a little giggle, I asked if she wanted to go out front and look for elephants instead of bugs. She replied, "oh yes!". Silly girl! We did go look, but unfortunately didn't find any!
Friday was Mommy and Me Night at Sean's school. He and I went to school at 6:00pm for dinner, conversation and crafts. It's a very fun evening spent with the kids, one-on-one. The craft we made (well he made while I encouraged) was a picture frame, with a Polaroid of us in it of course!!
No comments:
Post a Comment