Thursday, April 17, 2008

Park day

After a very challenging day with the kiddos, I'm going to focus on something positive. Something that went well. The park!
Today both boys had baseball. Iain and Sean went to Seany's game while Iain T., Sara and I went to Iain's practice. I wasn't sure how the whole thing would play out. Sara was a bear this afternoon! She went down late for nap and woke up after only an hour. She wasn't at her finest!! An hour and a half at the park possibly interacting with other children did not sound like the best choice for a grumpy two year old. Much to my surprise she did fantastic! She played the entire time with another little girl she met. They played well, shared and ran around laughing together! I was so relieved! She was even feeling a bit daring! This past week she started climbing up all the ladders that lead up to the slides. You know all the different kinds...they have the rounded ones, long straight ones chain ones. She now goes up all of them by herself! She still looks so little to me! Here are a few pics!

Eating her sandwich when we first got there.
Climbing the rope'ish ladder with a boy she met.

She started by crawling across the bridge. By the end she was running and jumping across!

Lovin the swings!

No comments: