Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The value of a jelly bean

Today right before I put Sara down for nap, she asked to wear panties. Obviously nap wasn't the best time to start the potty process. I told her she could wear them after nap, she seemed happy with that.As soon as she woke up, her first words to me were "Diego panties please". We put the underwear on her and waited. She didn't want to sit on her potty but she didn't have an accident either. Awhile later she decided it was time to sit! She sat and sat and sat and sat...while holding her bunny purse of course!!

An hour later, yes she sat for an hour, it was time for dinner. I explained that after dinner she could sit again if she wanted to. Well, we had told her that if she went pee we'd give her a jelly bean. (Yes, it's bribery but it worked well for the boys.) When I told her it was time to get up she replied "jelly bean please". I told her that she needed to go pee to get the jelly bean. She looked right at me and peed!!!! Yep, that easy! Iain, the boys and I all started jumping up and down, cheering for her. She had a huge grin on her face!!! Here's the proud little girl!

At dinner, the boys both chose Sara using the potty as their favorite thing of the day. When they each said it, Sara clapped her hands and cheered! We're all very proud!

No comments: