Thursday, December 04, 2008

Meet Petunia

This Thanksgiving was much different than the years past. We usually see both sides of the family, in a few different events that go on throughout the day. This year after much thought and discussion, we decided to stay home. It was a big decision for us, not to mention we had to make a turkey! (Feel free to laugh at this next part), we had no idea what we were doing. We searched online for what sounded like the best way to go and we followed that recipe...to a tee! Our wonderful bird, Petunia as I called her, turned out perfectly moist and delicious! Iain wasn't very happy that I named her. He thought naming her, then eating her seemed wrong. I would usually agree, but for some reason I wanted to name her. :-) We let the boys chose the menu for the day so we had some traditional items and some not. It was quite yummy! After lots of food, the five of us went to the movies to see BOLT. Again, the boys choice. This was Sara's first movie theater experience, she did fantastic! About half way through she got a bit restless but nothing a quick walk around couldn't cure. One funny Sara moment...the beginning of the movie was very loud. At first we were concerned she wouldn't like it. Nope, she watched intently, with her hands over her ears! Her eyes did not leave the screen! She now refers to it as the movie we saw at the fun place!

Now for some photos of the day

A confession here, I can not stick my hand in bird orifices! Just can't! Iain was nice enough to step up to the job. He was making great faces as he pulled out all sorts of good things!
Pouring butter under her skin to help "keep her moist".
Me and my girl!
Turkey Day Craziness!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey! I am so glad you came by, I have been thinking about you and wondering how you and your family were doing. What a big step in making your own family traditions. Sounds like it might be a good one! I had to LOL about your turkey story. Petunia. HA!