Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Oh boy


Seven year olds are funny. They know so much about the world but at the same time are so young.

Conversation I had with Iain yesterday:

Iain: "I want to be a football player when I grow up."
Me: "Okay! You'd be a great football player! You have a long time before you have to chose though. You may even change your mind a few times before you decided what you want to do."
Iain: "A LONG TIME!?!?!" I'm already 7! Soon I'll be 10, it's not that far away, only a few years. Then I'll be 14 and I HAVE to know by then! If I want to be a football player I have to start doing push ups!"

I had the hardest time keeping a straight face!! He was so adamant about this. I was able to calm him down a bit and help him realize that he still had a little time to make this life altering decision! ;-) I think he'll hold off on the push ups for a bit!!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

That is hilarious! I don't know how you hid the laughter, I would have been cracking up.

p.s. When did he get so BIG?